Sunday, June 27, 2010

We're Still Here

Hello dear blog friends!

I am so sorry for my recent absence, but life is a whirlwind right now. We got back from a quick trip to celebrate "Miller Grace Days" with Emily and her awesome family and have finished t-ball and are dealing currently with health issues!

Here is an example of how life is tonight:

Hope began to break out in hives from her antibiotic for her ear infection, so I called the doctor. He said to discontinue using the antibiotic and get her some Benadryl and call in the morning for a new prescription. (how do I not be terrified now of all antibiotics?).

The kids were in their PJ's but we figured we would all climb in the car and go get Hope's meds. I run into the store grab the Benadryl, and while I am cashing out the woman says, "Ma'am, I think you should wait here. There was just a tornado spotted nearby and the sirens are sounding." (I have been in a tornado and have issues with severe weather) I run outside to find my family waiting in the van totally unaware. I panic, and have Howard pull in to the nearest fast food restaurant, take all three kids in Pjs and slippers into the restaurant, seat them in a corner, void of windows, and order them a snack to wait out the storm.

The storm ends, we come home, get kids into bed, and Ben wakes up SCREAMING. He, I believe has a UTI! SERIOUSLY!? NOW another storm is coming. We are feeling very under attack and would appreciate your prayers.

9 comments:

Devin said...

I've been wondering where you were on this front!!

Prayers being lifted, even as I type...hang in there!

Cheryl said...

Hi!

Praying for a little "boring" for you about now...Sounds like you need things to slow down a bit...at least health/weather wise :)

((hugs)) Cheryl

Nicole said...

I'm sorry for all you've been through lately. And I must say, I sure HOPE that Ben does not have another UTI. He has been through so much with this already, that it must be really frustrating to think it isn't fixed. I pray it all turns out okay.

Heather said...

I'm so sorry! Will pray for you guys.

Stacy@hiswaynotmine said...

Hi Kristy, Just popping in to say hi! It has been awhile. I'm so sorry your children are all dealing with some health issues. I'll be praying for your family that God would protect you all and put a mighty hedge around you. May His peace surround you.

Love,
Stacy

Lori said...

Oh my word!!!! Thank God you were not harmed in that tornado (they terrify me!) and continued prayers for the things that are all assaulting you right now!!!!

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Oh, my goodness...definitely praying...

Momma bear said...

praying hard!!!!

Laurie in Ca. said...

Praying for the kids Kristy. Going through this stuff with Isaac and Hannah has given me a deeper compassion for what you young moms go through when they are sick. Asking God's continued protection for Hopes sweet skin and for Ben to be healed. UTI's are miserable!! I will be praying for HEALTH all over your home sweetie. Love you.

Love and Hugs, Laurie