Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Memorial Service Update

I thank you all for your prayers. The service went pretty well. Everyone's readings were very powerful and the message delivered was amazing and obviously God led. I can say that God was in that chapel last night, though I must admit that I wish he would have intervened on behalf of the cd player, :-) We had a minor technical difficulty which frustrated me a bit, but all in all I think it was a service that was peaceful and honoring to God and the babies we were remembering.

I held it together pretty well for the most part. I can say that the only time I got teared up was during the candlelighting. We have been blessed on this journey with many new friends and two of those friends went with us last night. (He is the pastor that delivered the message.) Anyhow, after Howard and I lit our candles and spoke our babies names, this couple went up and lit their candle and also spoke our babies names. I cannot tell you how that gave me comfort...knowing that they were there not just to give a message, not just on business, but because they genuinely care for us and remember our children. It meant the world to me and I am so very grateful for these new friends. I cannot even put it into words right now. I am blessed.

Thank you to all of my friends, old and new! It is your encouragement and prayer that lifts me up on days when I feel I cannot go on! I love you all!

13 comments:

Anxious AF said...

Im so glad everything went well.
I start my support group for special needs parents this Friday, I hope our night goes well too.

What a blessing you are to so many.

Michelle said...

Kristy, I am so glad to get the report that this service went well. I can only imagine the many parents it touched as they recognized their precious child/ren. I am so thankful you had others to stand next to you in support. So many of us would have been honored to do the same thing!

Kim (marygracesummons.blogspot.com) said...

I can imagine how wonderful it felt to hear someone else speak the names of sweet Isaac and Asher! I will speak their names when I light my candle tonight too. You are so precious!
Love you,
Kim

The Pittsburgh Hites said...

Kristy,
I took a few free "mommy minutes" last night at 7:30 and sent up as many prayers as I could. Asher still has his place on our mantel were we can see "baby Happy" everyday and remember him. Maggie loves to look at him and talk about him.
Your family is always in our thoughts, as you already know, and we love spending time with all of you!! I'm so happy that you took this challenge on, it seems to have soothed your soul just a bit, to help honor not only Asher and Isaac, but all these other babies as well.
Oh and by the way, Greg only wants to help when I'm almost done with things as well! It must be a boy thing! Hope to see you soon.

Steve+Marie Douglas said...

HE is so faithful to us.

Emily said...

I'm glad last night went well. I know you were a blessing.

I'm remembering your sweet boys today!

Chelle said...

kristi,
haven't posted in a while but check in on you guys daily...
i know that the memorial service was a blessing...to be able to honor your little ones in such a special way.
thoughts and prayers to you, howard, ben and luke

Laura said...

I'm sure the night was so beautiful...remembering with you now. Love

So Blessed said...

It sounds like it was a very special service. I am praying for your family today, Kristy, along with many others who are walking the same road of grief.

Kirsten said...

Love you, girl. Thinking of you and praying for you today - and every day. I wish you extra doses of comfort today as you remember your sweet boys.

Blessings,
Kirsten

Just Me said...

Remembering Isaac and Asher tonight. I'm a bit late with my candle lighting, but it is going now...

So glad to read your Memorial Service went well!

Hugs and prayers,
Amanda

Kenzie said...

Kristy-

I'm so thankful that the service went so well :) I'm sure it was beautiful, and as you mentioned, hearing others speak the names of your precious Isaac and Asher, had to be almost overwhelming. I'm so glad that you and Howard were able to do this together and help others remember their sweet little ones as well. I love you dear friend!

Praying for your family!
Kenz

Devin said...

Thank GOD for good friends--as you said, old & new!

Glad everything went well--I've been praying. :-)

Blessings to you tonight, my sweet friend.