Wednesday, September 17, 2008

May The Name of The Lord Be Praised

The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; May the name of the Lord be praised. Job 1:21

This was part of my devotional today and I am still meditating on that now even hours later. The Lord has given us much and has also taken much from us, yet because he knows better than we do, I will praise Him even when I don't really feel like it. And if I am being honest, there are many times I just don't feel like it! Sometimes I really wish I understood what he is doing here, but I know a God worth praising certainly cound not be finite enough that I could wrap my mind around His mighty plan.

Thanking God for providing me with that reminder today!

3 comments:

The VW's said...

Amen! Praying for you!

Tiffany said...

That song "I will praise you in this storm" popped into my head when I read this. That is a song thataoften ministers to me. It's so true.....

Sheryl said...

"He gives and takes away". Boy does He. Or He allows it anyway. It sure was not in His original plan for there to be suffering. He deserves our praise no matter our circumstance. That is hard for me to do. But I am working on it.

The pictures are absolutely beautiful. What a family you have!

Love to you-
Sheryl