Saturday, February 21, 2009

Honoring Asher on His Birthday

(Thanks Ginger for the cute graphic!)
Well as most of you know I have really been struggling with what to do for Asher's birthday this weekend. With the help of many good friends I think I have come up with a few things that we will be doing to celebrate his life.

Several of you have emailed to ask what you can do to help celebrate our boy with us and I am so honored that so many of you are thinking of him this weekend. If you would like to join us, here are a few things you could do to help us celebrate and honor Asher. Pick the one that works best for you!

1. Join Team Isaac and Asher and help us raise money for the March of Dimes

2. Donate to Team Isaac and Asher by clicking on the button on the side of the page.

3. Take a photo of yourself, releasing a balloon, or wearing blue, or displaying his name creatively or whatever way you want to honor him, and send it to us. ( we will only share it with your permission otherwise it will just go in his scrapbook)

4. Do something kind for someone else. Asher made so many smile. Take the opportunity to do something to make someone else smile. A random act of kindness, make someone happy in honor of Happy!

Many of you have asked also about sending cards for his scrapbook and I would love to have you send him a birthday card! Just email me at kbolte01@gmail.com and I will get you the address to send it to!

Thank you all for loving us and for loving our boys! We are feeling your love and prayers and we know God is giving us the strength and grace to get through each day one at a time.

12 comments:

Kenzie said...

Kristy-

I'm praying so much for you guys this weekend! I know the anticipation is hard because we all want each of their birthdays, each of their lives to carry such weight... because they did- because they still do! :) Just know how much I love you and am praising God for Asher's sweet life here on earth and eternally with the Lord.

One additional thought about tomorrow that a friend who lost her infant son suggested: take a little time for yourself alone, a lot of time together as a whole family, and some special time for just you and Howard. We took that advice for Maddox's birthday and it was beautiful~ better than I could have ever imagined because I had just the right amount of time with person that day... I loved each moment, especially that little alone time to think about my son and talk to the Lord. Anyways... just a thought as to how you could "structure" your day.

I love you... you are doing this girl!
Kenzie

Ang said...

I don't pretent to understand what you all have endured..but I do pray for your family often. I am so thankful that you have put your trust in God and He knows the plan and one day you will be reunited with those precious children.((((HUGS))))

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Remembering sweet Asher today...sending love and prayers...

The Lord is my Shepherd said...

Sweetie, stay strong and remember what the Bible says, "What so ever things are lovely, what so ever things are true, what so ever things be of good report, if there be any excellent thing, think on these things and the "God of peace", shall be with you". Remember, your an awsome mommy I'm so happy for you. So many good things are to come!! Your children are all so beautiful, all of them. I'm thankful for your blog...Remember within the pain that you are enduring, that this cup will pass from you and you will be filled with joy and the screams of a new born baby girl, rest assured. Rest Assured...

Just Me said...

"Take a photo of yourself, releasing a balloon, wearing blue, AND displaying his name creatively"...wow, that's a lot of directions :) I'll see what I can do...you know, seeing as I am "playing mom" this weekend and everything--ha ha (I actually just skipped a basketball game...bad mom!). The other things I can do. I have set my "Happy Birthday Asher" post to go at 12:01. I may need to call and sing as well, but not at 12:01 :o) So happy you are "feeling the love" because you definitely ARE loved! Take care.

Hugs,
Amanda

malette-foreveryoung said...

I am praying for you, as you celebrate Asher birth. I have no ideal what you are going through, I am praying that you will have strength for this weekend.
Praying for you and your family in ND

Michelle said...

I am praying for you Kristy! And Howard too. I was thinking of the anticipation that must grow as this day approaches. I will be honored to share in this special day that is Asher's birthday and we will be celebrating the life that he had and the lives that he has touched. Thank you for allowing us the gift of knowing him in this way! Love, Michelle

Laurie in Ca. said...

Kristy,

Asher is so special to me because this is how I met you last year, waiting for Happy. I prayed for you but you have no idea how your honesty here ministered to me. You taught me how to be sensitive to what I did not understand, keeping me from saying things that might be misunderstood. I know you have helped many and I am so thankful for you in every way. Happy is always in my heart and so are you. May your weekend be blessed my friend. I love you all.

Love and Hugs, Laurie

Anxious AF said...

Thinking of you today.
Happy first birthday sweet boy.

Laura said...

Happy Birthday, Asher! Thank you, Lord, for the gift of such a precious little boy who has touched so many, including me! He has brought so many together in Your love.

Love you, Kristy. I don't know the whys or hows. We received a miracle this weekend. I am sending praises up for my Matthew and for you and your family and where you are today. You have been a blessing so many and have honored your boys and your God everyday.

Nicole said...

Happy 1st birthday Asher! I'm sure you, your brother, and Cooper are all celebrating up in Heaven today!

Thinking of you all...

Gardiner Family said...

I came across your blog today and realized that today is a painful day for you. I am praying for you and hope that you feel extra comfort and grace to make it through :-) You have endured so much heartache, I just want you to know that I feel for you.