Friday, October 15, 2010

Please join me tonight in saying a prayer for all babies who are now in Heaven and for the families who miss them dearly. I never imagined I would be a part of this club, but am so thankful for ALL of the wonderful friends I have made along the way as they walk this sometimes lonely path. Today is National "Wave of Light" night. If you would, please light a candle at 7 pm in honor of all families who are grieving babies. One of the greatest things you can do for a friend who is grieving the loss of a child is just remember with them. Don't shy away, don't pretend it didn't happen...remember, talk about and honor them. Being a friend, even in the deepest darkest pits of grief and not shying away is the GREATEST gift you can give to a friend who has lost someone so dear, grief is sometimes a very lonely and isolating journey.

Go ahead and mention my child,
The one that died, you know.
Don't worry about hurting me further.
The depth of my pain doesn't show.
Don't worry about making me cry.
I'm already crying inside.
Help me to heal by releasing
The tears that I try to hide.
I'm hurt when you just keep silent,
Pretending she didn't exist.
I'd rather you mention my child,
Knowing that she has been missed.
You asked me how I was doing.
I say "pretty good" or "fine".
But healing is something ongoing
I feel it will take a lifetime.
~ Elizabeth Dent ~

3 comments:

Just Me said...

Praying for you, your family, for all the "Brown Shirt Girls" and everyone who has lost a child.

Take care,
Amanda

trennia said...

Remembering with you tonight...(((HUGS)))

zanesmommy said...

Well said Kristy. Remembering with you.