Monday, June 29, 2009

Four Weeks and a Praise Report!

I don't have much time as little Miss Hope is super cranky at the moment, but I wanted to take a minute and give an exciting update.

Our test results still are not back and honestly I am ok with it. God has really been working on me in the last few weeks and I am just praising Him for each good day, knowing that no diagnosis can define her, only God can. We do need answers to be able to best care for her and they will come but we are just trusting God's plan for her.

That said, she is FOUR WEEKS OLD TODAY! I will try to get pictures posted later, but this week she had her first bath which she did not care much for, and today she had her first trip to the local zoo!

Now for the excellent news! I am doing flips as I type this, (well not literally, I don't really think that is even possible) but for the first time, tonight Hope has NO bandages on. Her blisters are healed and she has no new ones. I have no idea what the future holds for her but I am praising God with all I have for doing this for her! Thank you all for your prayers. We are just so thankful right now that she is doing so well. NO bandage changing tonight! YAY!

Thank you Lord for the gift you have given us in Hope, she as each of her brothers have, is teaching us so much and drawing us ever closer to You! Children are such a gift! We thank you for blessing us again!

27 comments:

Hilary said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay!
I am sooo happy and thankful for this update!!!
God is good all the time, all the time, God is good!

Unknown said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!!! That IS exciting news Kristy! Sounds like the Lord is giving you great peace as you wait on the news. Isn't God just amazing.

Can't wait to see your new pictures. :)

Laura said...

Praise, Praise, Praise!

Love to you all!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for your happiness and your beautiful baby girl. I have found your blog when Hope was born, and lost your address after that. I have been searching all over the net to find your blog again, so I can keep up with all the happy things you are sharing with us.
Your boys are beautiful also, all four of them. You must be such a proud momma of all these children. I have three boys, and would not have ever thought about having a daughter until I saw how well your little Hope fits in your lifestyle ( I mean with the boys).
I also clothdiaper my third son, and did my second one also. It is one of the things I enjoy the most about baby care. So good luck with that.
My sons are 4, 2 1/2 years old and 3 mos old. I use a moby wrap, and it is wonderful how I can take care of my two big boys, while my little one naps or just takes it all in from his secure nest. And my back does not hurt at all.
Enjoy your children as you have been!
B

Meg said...

That is wonderful to hear. She is so beautiful and you must love the fact that she has no bandages. I hope that the test results come back in the favor you wish for.

My prayers are with you.

~Ashlea~ said...

I am SO HAPPY to hear this wonderful news!! No matter what happens from here, GOD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME! I believe he has performed a miracle in your precious little Hope, and it is amazing to follow along with you day by day. Thanks for pouring your heart out to all of us out here in blogland, it is a wonderful way to witness to people.

YAY HOPE!!!!

Ronda said...

Congrats! I hope she continues to thrive and do well!

Cathy said...

That is wonderful! Hope is beautiful and she will do great things for God!

Mama4Real said...

YAY!!!! Praise the Lord! That's great!

asplashofsunshine said...

Exciting news! Happy 4 weeks sweetheart!

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Praise the Lord! Rejoicing with you, sweet friend!

Ryan and Rachel Cote said...

Praise the Lord! I hope you got some pics of the first bath...I always forget until it's too late! So glad she's bandage and owie free!

Rebecca said...

Wow! I will do a cyber-flip for Hope, as that is probably all I can manage too. Yippee for no bandages! I am so thankful that you are at peace with the test results. I loved when you said that no diagnosis can define Hope, only God can. So, so true.

MendedHeart said...

Halleluyah! :)

Pete, Ali, Charlie and Rosie said...

That's great news, Kristy. We've been thinking of you so often. So glad little Hope is doing so well. X

Rachel said...

Praising God with you! Hope you can use the extra time (not having to change bandages)to snuggle with your precious family.
Hugs and prayers
Rachel in PA

R said...

So glad to hear the good news!!

Devin said...

This is just awesome news Kristy. I'm praising the Lord with you tonight for your sweet little girl!

Rose said...

hooray!

Amy Lynn said...

Hooray!

Shelby said...

Yaaay! I am so happy for you and Hope!
Praising God with you!
Shelby :)

Cindy said...

I am so glad to hear the amazing news!!! I will continue to pray for your precious baby girl! I love your positive, upbeat attitude! Little Hope is so blessed to have you as a mommy!!!

Stephanie said...

That is super news. God is good!

Cristi said...

Oh it is so wonderful when you see God work wonders!

Debbie said...

She is absolutely beautiful. It is great to hear the wonderful report. Will continue to keep your family in our prayers.

Kadence and Adam. . . and Mommy said...

AMEN!

So glad to hear all the wonderful news about Miss Hope! I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

Amy

Mashel said...

That is such an amazing praise!