With all of the baby talk, I want to be sure to take a moment today and thank the Lord for the gift he gave me 8 years ago today in my best friend and husband Howard. He truly is Heaven sent and I still sometimes have to pinch myself that I get to be with him forever!
Fun Facts About our Wedding:
* It was held at sunset at the Sunset Inn, overlooking Lake Erie
* It rained ALL day, cleared off for the ceremony and rained once we got inside for the reception
*One of our head table centerpieces caught fire and my uncle put it out with his hands!
* I had to be given a glass of wine by the photographer so I would "chill out", my OCD took over that day
* Our colors were lilac purple and daffodil yellow
* Our cake tasted JUST as delicious a year later when we got it out of the freezer!
* It was honestly the MOST fun day of my entire life thus far and we hope to do it again for our fiftieth!
* In lieu of smashing cake in each other's faces we smashed it in the faces of our maid of honor and best man...it was pretty funny!
* I dedicated my wedding bouquet to my Grandma White who raised me, it was a sweet moment. I love her so much!
* In just a few months (Howard's sister is moving to Texas) only ONE of the people in the wedding party will still reside in PA, though they ALL started out here. :-) We miss you all!
And I am ending this post with our wedding song. It says it all! We had SO much fun dancing to it!
Forever And Ever Amen
You may think that I'm talking foolish
You've heard that I'm wild & I'm free
You may wonder how I can promise you now
This love that I feel for you always will be
You're not this time that I'm killing
I'm no longer one of those guys
As sure as I live this love that I give
Is gonna be yours until the day that I die --
I'm gonna love you forever,
forever & ever amen
As long as old men sit & talk about the weather,
As long as old women sit & talk about old men
If you wonder how long I'll be faithful
I'll be happy to tell you again
I'm gonna love you forever & ever,
forever & ever amen!
They say that time takes its toll on a body
Makes the young girls brown hair turn grey,
But honey, I don't care, I'm not in love with your hair
And if it all fell out well I'd love you anyway
They say that time can play tricks on a memory
And make people forget things that they knew
But it's easy to see its happening to me
I've already forgotten every woman but you
Just listen to how this song ends
I'm gonna love you forever & ever, forever & ever
Forever & ever, forever & ever AMEN!