Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas Eve Eve

Well, we just got home after church services and dinner with some great friends and it was a great day! I am so filled with hope and peace right now. I cannot even describe it. I know the journey ahead may be very difficult for us but I know that everything is going to be fine. We are always astounded at the way God's love shows through his servants to those who need it and man has it been shining for us in the last few weeks! We have received so many cards and phone calls and messages of people praying for us and telling us how Happy is already reaching people and it is amazing. Happy hasn't even been born yet and is bringing so many people closer to God and we are so proud of him!

The other day in the mail came a beautiful Willow Tree figurine of an angel holding a baby bird called "angel of miracles" and a wonderful note from some dear friends of ours! It provided me so much hope for the day and today at church I went to get our name tags from our mailbox and there was an envelope from our "church family" and in it were several gas cards and the message simply said that we were loved. I am overwhelmed. It is so strange how at a time which would seem so devastating, my heart can be so overflowing!

Church service tonight was great. Luke had to stay with us as there was no child care tonight for children over 3 and it was such a blessing. It is always refreshing to see him "worship" in his own way! This year Christmas is so different for me. It is so much clearer. It is so not about lights or decorations or silly songs or presents. It is about the most amazing gift! The gift of Jesus. The light of the world. Such a bright light even in the midst of total darkness. I know that the road that lies ahead may be a much more difficult journey than I would like, but I know that our God is a sovereign god and that his plan is far greater than any plan I could ever imagine so while things may not be going as I had planned they are going EXACTLY as they were meant to and I just need to be obedient and open to listening to what God has to teach me next.

I am so looking forward to Christmas. The boys are so excited, especially Luke and I am sure it is going to be a very memorable time for all of us! I have been so blessed to have such a great husband and each and EVERY one of my children has been an amazing addition to my life from whom I have learned more than I ever thought possible. We are also very blessed to have such amazing "stretcher bearers" in times of need. That is what life is all about. Carrying others to Jesus when they are too weary to get there and Loving them as Jesus would and we are already being lifted up and loved more than ever! I am so thankful for all of life's blessings! Thank you all! We love you so much and are filled with your love and hope for us! Merry Christmas or as Luke would say "Mary Christmas!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi guys, hope you have a great Christmas! We love you- enjoy! thanks for your messages that speak so strongly to the hope that is ours through our God.