Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Dr. Appointment Update

Just a quick note to update you on Hope. We were , um shall we say, trying out the nocturnal life last night so we need to go get a nap this afternoon. Hope's appointment went well. I have to say I am just praising God that EVERY last detail was taken care of today. Our pediatrician has been so great with Hope's diagnosis even though it is not something he has much knowledge on. He has been willing to really listen to me and read through any information I bring in with me, explaining anything I don't quite understand. So that was great.

We also were blessed to have a nurse that was so awesome with Hope she was quick with the shots, she was gentle and followed my every wish with a smile on her face. She then had me nurse Hope for a while to get her settled after the shots and did not rush us one bit. Hope screamed just briefly when she realized what was happening to her but as soon as I picked her up and nursed her she quit crying immediately. The nurse then was able to use a cotton ball to get her little legs to stop bleeding once she calmed down.

This afternoon has been awesome. She has been super mellow. We enjoyed lunch and she was content to sit in her car seat and then we went to the zoo for a walk. Now we are off to nap and then get a dose of Prevacid, trying out some of your awesome tips! You guys are so very helpful! As of now there looks to be NO additional trauma to her little legs and we are praising God with every breath that he is taking care of all of us! Please keep up the prayers!

If you get a minute stop by the "Waiting for Happy Community" through the Blog Frog and introduce yourself! I would LOVE to "meet" your family!






19 comments:

Rob and Amy said...

So happy to hear about a wonderful appointment honey!!! Praying for you ALL!

April said...

Congratulations on your baby girl. I have come across your blog a while back, while you were still pregnant and read back about Asher and Issac. I am so very glad that you have a new little girl to bless your family. God is great!

Devin said...

Kristy, that is GREAT news! I'm so glad everything went so well!

Tiffany said...

That is awesome news to hear!! And, that is such a great picture of you, Kristy!! You look beautiful!!

The Pittsburgh Hites said...

You look awesome Kristy, and boy does Hope look snuggly in the Moby!! Hope she loves it as much as Fionn did!!
and before I forget, horray that the appt went well, we were praying!!

Niecey said...

That's all excellent news!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome news about the appointment. You should request that same nurse every visit if possible.

Also, I wanted to say that you look fabulous for just having a little one. And that she is adorable.

Tara said...

So happy the appointment went well.

Meg said...

That is great that you guys had such a wonderful appointment. Good for you guys, things seem to really be looking up.

Lisa Ebersole said...

WOW! I thought about you and Hope yesterday as I took Charity to the doctor for her first set of shots! I was wondering how it would go with Hope and the needles and the bleeding after! It was neat to hear you explain how the nurse handled it! I am so glad she did well for you! She is super cute! I smile everytime you post new pictures of her! Thanks for sharing !

Kenzie said...

SO THANKFUL that the appt went well. Sounds like a great ped and nurse- awesome! Love ya.

Anonymous said...

NICE BABYGIRL

http://tabibqulob.blogspot.com/2009/07/four-forces.html

Melanie said...

Hello Bolte Family! I learned of you from Patrice, Jonah's Mom. I am Jonah's great aunt, and spent the day with Patrice and Jonah today helping out. Patrice was boxing up some cloth diapers to send to you. My heart and prayers are with you, your family, and beautiful Hope. EB babies are special ANGELS, here on Earth and in Heaven. Much love to you all!

Unknown said...

What a sweet sling baby! Love it!

Meg said...

We have almost the same blog name! I found yours by typoing mine!
Blessings

Meg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

So glad the staff is so good with you and Hope. I think I read somewhere that nursing actually does create some type of pain relief. I have read that some people nurse while the shot is actually being given. Maybe you could ask about that. Also on the diaper thing. The other EB mom Patrice, covers her diapers in aquafor. Also, she has just started using disposable diapers and has been cutting out that little elastic that runs inside the diaper around the legs. Maybe that would help with the sores. I bet you have already heard that too!
She is so cute! I am so glad she is doing so well. God is amazing!
We do vaccinations one at a time. My son has hemophilia A, severe. His blood does not clot. All for the immunizations! If so many are too much for her maybe you could try doing one per visit. I don't even have to make an appt to take my son to his ped. to get one.

Can you mix your reflux med with some juice? Or use one of those bottles or passy's that you can
dispense meds through? I nursed too so the bottle thing wasn't an option for me. He wouldn't take a bottle at all until he was about 8 or 9 months old! I totally missed the window because I was so worried about nipple confusion! The silly things we worry about!

So have a great weekend and I love seeing pictures of Hope and the family. You look beautiful in the picture with Hope by the way!

Praying always!

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

So glad the appointment went well, Kristy! Thank you God for answered prayers!

Jenna said...

Kristy- My little girl also has acid reflux along with SVT, and we were using the previcid solutabs until our pharmacist told us about a suspension that is much easier to use. It is made out of prilosec and a suspension agent. If you have a target or CVS close by they are both able to make the suspension. I know with our insurance the suspension is $30 per month, but well worth it since it was VERY hard to get Jentry to take the solutab. I will say the Prilosec suspension tastes very bitter so we have to mix it in a small bottle with a ounce or so of formula to get Jentry to take it, I was not able to breast feed, but maybe you could pump a little and try giving the dose that way. Just a thought! We've been there with the reflux gagging, spitting up through the nose, etc. It does get better as the baby gets older, Jentry is now 5 months old and hasn't had a reflux episode in over a month!!