Monday, May 19, 2008

No Scarlet Fever!

Well, the verdict is in...we saw our pediatrician today and he thought it was kind of crazy that a doctor said Luke had Scarlet Fever. He said it is definitely NOT Scarlet Fever and he was glad we didn't start the antibiotics. Luke has Pityriasis Rosea which is a harmless non contageous rash that will go away on its own. No worries. Our doctor also apologized that his staff did not return my messages last week.

I also went to the hospital today to try to get the results from the testing done on Asher and frustratingly enough, the final reports are STILL NOT in. So we just have to wait. They told me to call once a week until they are in. What a pain! Just what I want to do! Oh well, I suppose I just need to be still.

Well that is the update for now...I need to go at least try to shower and vacuum while Ben is sleeping as my Tuppeware party is tonight! Thanks again for all of your prayers!

7 comments:

Alicia said...

Praying for you, Kristy...


Alicia

Trisha said...

Hi Christy....
Youn know...I check in on you daily (multiple times). I know you are so busy, but please know that I am still on the journey with you..praying for you each and every day.
I am so glad to hear that there is no Scarlet Fever! Silly doctors...okay, not really.
Praying for you dear girl...I hope you Tuperware party goes off without a hitch! Amazing they still make that stuff, huh?

Love to you and yours.
Trisha
San Diego

Christa said...

Mama knows best!

Praying he feels better soon. :)

Anonymous said...

Check this out Kristy... it's really a WOW!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e4zgJXPpI4

Devin said...

I am so glad to hear that it was not scarlet fever! What a relief. I always say, go with your gut--no one knows your son like you do! Glad you got that second opinion.

Also, I wanted to let you know that I am still praying everyday. I understand that this grief journey is a real process...and I know you will still have lots of bad days. But also good ones, and great ones too! I like reading about ALL of them. You encourage me daily Kristy!

Jennifer said...

That was a little scary. Thank Goodness it wasn't Scarlett Fever. I am praying that the results come in soon.

Laurie in Ca. said...

Kristy,

I am so glad that the rash is something that will go away on it's own. Now relax and have a great Tuperware party and get lots of free goodies. I am praying for you sweetie.

Love, Laurie in Ca.